Happy Birthday Jason Derulo! The singer turns 29 year old today and it’s easy to say, a lot has happened throughout the years in Jason Derulo’s personal and music growth. The “Swalla” singer is known for his many talents, from singing, dancing and continuous flaunt of the abs. but obviously all that talent didn’t come from nowhere. So here’s a few things that helped shaped him to the person he is today.
- At the age of 16 Jason was already a successful songwriter. Before he became a big time solo artist Jason was actually a ghostwriter for other artists, writing songs for Lil Wayne and Sean Kingston, way before he got out of school. In 2010 he and lady gaga was awarded a BMI award with the co-Songwriter of the year award for writing the most top songs.
- The singer records many of his hit songs at home. According to the now 29 year old, all his big inspirations comes from the comfort of his home. Jason has his own in house recording studio set up, to keep him motivated and invest in his craft. Way before his fame, Jason had always chosen to write his music at home, he even missed his high school prom and many major school events just to stay home and keep honing his work.
- Jason’s talent was not discovered by a big music producer, but by a football coach. At the tender age of 12, Jason’s basketball coach saw the potential in him way before his fame. His talent shone when he played in the court and in the recording studio. Jason’s consistent discipline has always helped him through his many successes in life.
- Jason Derulo isn’t always about “Talk(ing) dirty”, the singer is actually a big fan of country music. It was his love for country that landed him to perform at the 2017 CMT music awards, with country music singer Luke Bryan. He’s even working on new project to go into the country music market.
- Before his big breakout, the “Dirty Talk” Jason was studying at the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in Manhattan as a musical theater major and even landed a role in Rent on Broadway. Had he not followed his dreams Jason would have pursued life in theatre. And if it weren’t for theatre, Jason would have found the opportunity that inspired him to pursue the music industry.