“It was a strange ending to a voyage that had commenced in a most auspicious manner.”
And an ending we will get, with part two of ‘Lupin’ set to drop very, very soon. But, as they say, the devil is in the details – so what can we expect to see? We’ve already been left with tonnes of questions following that cliff-hanger of an ending in part 1 – and the trailer promises a barrage of anger-fueled action. Where part 1 was a little more lighthearted, with Assane Diop showing off his slight hands and amazing ability to blend in, part 2 is going to be a lot darker – after all, Assane Diop is no longer playing around with his family now involved.
The wildly popular Netflix show has just released images from the show, set to wrap up the season with five episodes. With Part 2 of Lupin season 1 subtitled, “Dans L’Ombre D’Arsène (In the Shadow of Arsène)”, the images allude to…
1. Assane Diop plotting to take over Paris?
2. Seemingly at ease while his friend, Benjamin Ferel, looks troubled (although, Diop’s longtime friend almost always looks troubled).
3. Asssane Diop looking rather chuffed at the The Conciergerie Clock (Tour de l’Horloge). The clocks inscription reads :
“MACHINA QUAE BIS SEX TAM JUSTE DIVIDIT HORAS, JUSTITIAM SERVARE MONET LEGESQUE TUERI”
Which translates into English as (as per French Moments Ltd.):
“This mechanism which divides time into perfectly equal twelve hours helps you to protect justice and defend the law”.
4. A showdown between Assane Diop and the detectives? (Does this mean we won’t be seeing Diop team up with Youssef??)
5. And finally, Assane Diop descending into darkness (or ascending into the light?) in his quest to bring down Hubert Pellegrini and bring justice to his family.
Fret not fans as the wait is almost over. Assane Diop is set to return with a renewed vengeance next month, when Lupin Part 2 finally arrives on 11 June 2021 on Netflix! Until then, we’re going to have to satisfy our heist drama cravings with this new trailer:
*Cover image credits: @omarsyofficial as photographed by @e_guimier